When large events occur, our customers turn to us to implement effective venue coverage. With a limited time-frame, we were required to upgrade a DAS system in an NFL stadium before the season began. It was essential to provide high-quality coverage for over 60,000 fans. In this high stakes project, we needed to ensure the carrier’s wireless signal was distributed to all parts of the venue, while addressing speed, bandwidth, and latency.
Scope of Work
- Rip and replace the legacy ION-B system with a new ERA CommScope DAS.
- Add 700 MHz, AWS-1, and AWS-3 to all 34 iDAS sectors and add WCS to the 6 bowl sectors of the existing DAS.
- Remove UMTS from the venue.
- New Head-End (12 CANs) & RAU (248 CAP-Ms) were to be installed.
- Design, Script, & Integrate 40 carriers on the NOKIA FSM4.
- Commission & Green-Light 36 DAS sectors.
- Antenna Validation, RSSI & VSWR Readings, NEA, E911 & Call Testing.
- RF Optimization: Standards/Parameter Audits, Health Checks, & KPI Monitor.
With a challenging timeline, this infrastructure was implemented with time to spare before the NFL season. Our solution provided quality coverage and low latency throughout the venue. The final RF environment had no network interference and our customer was impressed with the quality, capacity, and speed of our solution. Consumers expect to have quality network coverage to capture significant moments, and we engineer and deploy the reliable network signal needed to make that happen.