Location: Bangalore, India
- Perform Quality review on all OSP Engineering Design packages.
- Ensure that all Aerial, Underground and Buried cable designs have been reviewed and analyzed for
the most cost-effective solutions and placement.
- Verify that the Customer scope of work or plan was followed.
- Verify that all existing underground and aerial facilities are correctly located per customer records,
city records, and per field conditions.
- Accurately depict new construction route opportunities, with the ability to identify, research and
problem solve cable path/placement issues and accurately relay solutions to the engineering team.
- Identify missing and/or incorrect design information.
- Communicate quality issues with the engineer and engineering manager to find resolution.
- Approve designs before submittal to customer.
- Ensure current design is the most effective and efficient plan to follow.
- Ensure designs are in accordance with customer specifications and guidelines.
- Manage and enforce engineering quality and compliance with outside plant design specification.
- Own the quality control process to produce a value-engineered design, removing all obstacles for
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years of OSP engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of client software systems, ARAMIS, BST-CAD, OSPCM, JMS (OPEDS), AOtX,AOTS, PLANET, CEEOT, MMT, PM Tool, EFACTS, MIC, LFACS, GRANITE and OCALC.
- Experience with the following fiber technologies: Overbuild/LightGig/ASE/BAU.
- Should have strong understanding of Design and construction of Outside Plant Copper and Fiber Optic Cable (UG, Aerial, Buried, BIC) and manhole and conduit design.
- Knowledge of Fiber backbone (F1) and distribution networks (F2).
- Knowledge of Corning Flexnap cable design and terminal placement.
- Knowledge of permitting processes (highway, railroad, city, county, etc.)
- Ability to upload/download and edit documents in Project Management software.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat. Working knowledge of Google Earth/Maps.
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail oriented.
- Possess strong professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a Team member
- Critical thinking skills: make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience in either the engineering, construction, architecture, or telecommunications industries.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications engineering standards, with previous LightGig
or fiber overbuild design or quality control experience preferred.
- Capable of identifying issues in the design that would have a potential to impact network buildout.
- Able to collect necessary data from the field for determining a design including all necessary OSP features.
- Experience with interpreting cable or substructure designs.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications construction techniques
- Able to identify and suggest all types of construction methods within ROW, identify assumed public
ROW, visually identify existing utilities.
- Basic Knowledge of Make-Ready Construction
- Able to identify potential cable moves and, guying and anchoring requirements to make room for new cable attachments.
To apply for this position please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the Subject Line: OSP Quality Control Engineers – Career Opening